Happy Saturday! I hope everyone has a great weekend planned and the weather is beautiful wherever you are. The weather here is gorgeous and we have NO plans today, which are the best plans to have. We might head to a local art festival today, but we will see!
I know that when you’re in a hurry and only have between 5-10 minutes to do your makeup, you’re not going to want to use your good high-end makeup to just slap on some look. More than likely, you’ll use your cheaper finds to accomplish a fast face. Here are MY go-to products that I use to accomplish a fast and simple daytime look that gets me out the door when I need to be.
1. Primer now if you’re an oily girl like me you know you can’t skip this step! My favorite primer from the drugstore is Rimmel Stay Matte. It’s perfect for laying down a matte base and filling in some large pores!
2. BB Cream I have been loving a lightweight makeup look, especially for work. I don’t want to look like I have 100lbs of makeup on, but I’m not exactly blessed enough to roll out of bed and show up either. I have some small post acne scaring that needs a little love. I’ve been using the Garnier BB Cream for Combination/Oily Skin. This is one of the best options for BB creams that I’ve found for oily skin. I know that Garnier has a Skin Perfector for those with dry to normal skin as well. I’m interested in trying the It Cosmetics CC Cream – any thoughts?
3. Conceal my dark undereyes with my holy grail drugstore concealer, the Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser! I have done a full review on my favorite concealers (drugstore and high-end) that can be read here. This was my first concealer I ever purchased and I’m so happy I did.
4. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder to set my BB cream once it’s dry. I’ve done a full review on this powder plus the liquid foundation that you can read here if you’d like a more in-depth review. I will say in my original post I wasn’t too impressed with this powder, but I do think my opinion has changed a bit! It’s really growing on me, but I’m still not 100% sure if I would repurchase it.
5. Blush up my cheeks by sweeping on the extremely pigmented Milani Baked Blush in the shade Bella Rosa. These little blushes are such a great buy, and I haven’t even made a dent in mine yet because I need such little product. This pink shade gives me the perfect flushed look!
6. Mascara of course I reach for my Loreal Voluminous in Carbon Black. The formula is so perfect and buildable if necessary and the brush is so full of bristles. If you’re in the market for a new mascara and have never tried this one, definitely give it a go!
7. Brow Game I did purchase a new product that I kept hearing great things about! I picked up the Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper in medium to dark. I love the little brush that this comes with, it’s perfect for getting in between sparse hairs and very natural looking.
There you have it! My simple and quick drugstore makeup look. Have you tried any of these products? If so, what are your thoughts? What are some of your favorite drugstore items?
Follow me on Instagram: IAMBEAUTYBEEXO