I’m sure you have all heard about the very first permanent palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. Modern Renaissance was exclusively created by Norvina, which she poured her heart and soul into. She wanted to make something timeless, beautiful, and perfect for every day wear. That’s the way that it looks to me and that’s the way it feels when I wear it too. I know what you’re thinking – do you really need another eyeshadow palette!?
Here’s a look inside my palette that was fresh out of the box from ULTA. My first impression was to hyperventilate (of course) and then I realized that it was too beautiful wear. I didn’t even do swatches right away because all I could do was stare at it! The MR palette is made up of 14 shades: 11 mattes + 3 satin metallics. It retails for $42 and can be purchased online at anastasiabeverlyhills.com, ULTA.com, or Sephora.com.
If any of you have purchased some of the ABH single shadows then I can confirm that the formula is just as good as those. Let’s get on with the swatches!
- Tempera (velvety beige w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Golden Ochre (earthy yellow w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Vermeer (iridescent shell w/ a metallic finish)
- *Buon Fresco (antique lavender w/ an ultra- matte finish)
- Antique Bronze (metallic sable w/ a satin finish)
- Love Letter (raspberry w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Cyprus Umber (dark coffee w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Raw Sienna (neutral amber w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Burnt Orange (deep orange w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- *Primavera (shimmery gold dust w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- *Red Ochre (sienna w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Venetian Red (crimson w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- *Warm Taupe (earthy gray w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Realgar (brick w/ an ultra-matte finish)
I kept telling myself before this palette came out that I didn’t need anymore palettes. My main goal was to work on building my customized z-palette that would feature all of my favorites shades from various companies. The more that I looked at this palette online, the more that it spoke to me. I also thought this was a great way to small some of ABH’s shades so that I can purchase the individuals later on.
Before I purchased this palette my go-to favorite has always been my Lorac PRO. The shades are so pigmented and buttery, but they do produce a lot of fallout. It’s safe to say that this palette has truly become my favorite in my collection. The colors are so versatile they work well on every single skin tone and every eye color. I think this is a purchase that many would not regret.
Have you purchased the Modern Renaissance palette – if so, what are your thoughts? What are some of your favorite single shades from Anastasia Beverly Hills? If you do not have this palette, please list below your favorite(s)!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Instagram: IAMBEAUTYBEEXO