Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is doing well and you’re all experiencing beautiful weather. It’s still rainy here in the Midwest, but it’s a perfect day for blogging and running a few errands. I’m out of some of my hair and skin products and wanted to share my empties with you!
1. Aveda Botanical Kinetics Toning Mist is supposed to help balance and refresh normal to oily skin. I purchased this must after my wedding, because my professional makeup artist used this on me and I really loved the smell and the way it made my skin feel. The main ingredient is water, along with peppermint, aloe, rose, witch hazel and more! Overall I really enjoyed this toning must because it’s convenient and I don’t have to put it on a cotton swab. I would repurchase this product sometime, however, I don’t plan to run out and get it right away. I would like to try other toners especially if any of you have any recommendations.
2. Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser is my holy grail product! I purchased this a few years back and I have gone through several bottles. This stuff is a dupe for the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser as well. It completely removes 100% of my makeup at the end of each day, even mascara, and it’s gentle enough for sensitive eyes including contact lense wearers. This cleanser doesn’t strip my skin of its natural oils and leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. This can be purchased at any drugstore for only around $5! I used to buy makeup wipes all the time which can get costly, but this has saved me so much money because I can completely skip that step with this cleanser. I can’t say enough great things about this product, it has quickly became a must-have in my skincare routine!
3. Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion is a part of the Murad acne fighting kit that I purchased awhile back at Ulta. This lotion is fantastic, because it replenishes the moisture in your skin and doesn’t leave it feeling greasy or too hydrated, it always feels just right. It doesn’t state on the packing if its oil-free or not, but it is non-comedogenic. As I mentioned in my last empties, which you can read here, I will not be repurchasing this product because I’ve been more into gel moisturizers because my skin is so oily. I also feel that the Clean & Clear moisturizer featured in my last empties haul is a wonderful dupe for this product and is about 1/6 of the cost!
4. Dove Go Fresh in the scent blue fig & orange blossom is my absolute favorite deodorant. Dove is the best brand for deodorant and body wash in my personal opinion, because their products work well with my skin. This scent is my favorite even though I have tried the pomegranate, cucumber, and others! Something about the go fresh line really did the trick for me and has kept me dry all day. I have repurchased this time and time again and I will continue to do so. Right now I’m actually giving the Dove Dry Spray a go, so we’ll see how that works out!
5. Macadamia Deep Repair Masque is my favorite hair mask that I’ve ever tried. My hair typically is pretty dehydrated and frizzy because of my ethnic background, great genes, and heat styling tools that I use. Every time I use this masque my hair is deeply hydrated, less frizzy, extremely shiny, and has less fall out. The whole point of this masque is to mimic the hairs natural oils it produces to revitalize it. Not only is this amazing for the health of my hair, but my senses are thankful too – this product smells absolutely amazing! I have purchased this a few times and I definitely will again. *I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and was thinking about picking it up to see if it gives comparable results. If you’ve tried the Aussie brand please let me know how you liked it – or if there are any other masks that are your favorites.
Have you tried any of the products listed above – if so, what are your thoughts? If you have any recommendations for me please list them below!
Thank you for reading!
Follow me on Instagram: IAMBEAUTYBEEXO