Happy Saturday everyone! I’ve started to run low on some of my products and thought an empties post would be ideal. I’ll write a bit about the product, my thoughts, and if I would repurchase!
1. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer if you’ve been following me for a while then you know I have very oily skin! It’s a curse and a blessing a the same time. This primer states that it is skin-perfecting, can be wore alone or under makeup. It also states it can keep you shine-free up to 8 hours, and minimize the appearance of pores. – I agree that it creates a great base of makeup, minimizes my pores, and controls shine. The consistency is really thick, but not as thick and difficult to work with as the Boots No. 7 Matte primer – that one was so thick and glue-like it broke me out. The claims that it controls shine up to 8 hours is interesting, with a strong emphasis on the “up to” part, I would say I get a good 2-3 hours before I need to blot my face. This is the best drugstore primer for oily skin that I’ve tried so far, I will repurchase for days when I don’t feel like using a high end primer.
2. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer states that its oil-free and that it helps to treat and prevent pimples. This product contains 0.5% salicylic acid acne medication. It doesn’t really contain enough acne fighting ingredients to truly make a difference in your skin on it’s own, but it’s something to help with other methods you may be using. I really actually enjoy this moisturizer! It’s very important to have oil-free products when you have oily skin and this just feels good on the skin. It’s very inexpensive as it can be purchased for only around $5, and it lasts an extremely long time. It took me months and months to get through this bottle. I won’t be repurchasing this anytime soon, because I have actually been more into gel moisturizers rather than lotion types. But if you’re in the market for a great product that hydrates with a non-greasy feeling and you’re on a budget, this is for you!
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo states that it’s perfect for use between washes. A quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil. Hair feels gorgeously clean and fresh with added body and texture. I completely am in love with this product! I agree with all of the claims. I purchased this at Ulta for around $8 and it was the first time I tried it. Previously I tried others like Dove, Toni & Guy, Tresemme (which was the worst out of the bunch) and I was never really impressed by those. This dry shampoo is perfect and really gets the job done for a good price. I have already repurchased this baby in the tinted version for dark brown hair, because it leaves less of a “white cast” on my hair! Love love love.
4. Maybelline Fit Me concealer in shade medium. I don’t really need to get into much of an explanation about why I enjoy this product, because I just did a whole post on my top four concealers which you can read here. This was one of them listed because it’s very inexpensive, easily accessible, and perfect for every day wear. I’ve already repurchased this and it’s in my stash!
5. ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder in the shade ivory. I’ll admit that this is a strange product in my makeup collection, because I don’t use it for it’s intended purpose. The product states it’s for the treatment of acne and that it helps prevent new acne blemishes. It also contains 1.0% of salicylic acid acne medication. I purchased this product in a lighter shade and I actually use this to set my concealer under my eyes. This only costs $1 at the drugstore and it’s surprisingly buttery and rich. It’s finely milled and perfect for setting my eye area. I’ve already repurchased this product, it’s fantastic!
6. Anastasia Brow Wiz in the shade chocolate – which is the perfect color for me. Who hasn’t heard of this product? It’s fantastic and I don’t even need to tell you why! One of my favorite parts about it though is the spooly at the end to comb through my brows. It is on the pricey side and can be purchased for $21 but it is definitely worth it! At this time I won’t be repurchasing this product and may not again, thanks to a new dupe that I found for less than half the price!
Have you tried any of the products listed above – what are your thoughts? Do you have any products not listed that you would recommend?
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Instagram: IAMBEAUTYBEEXO